We're a College at the heart of Croydon, and quality is at the heart of all we do. That applies to everything from our small-group teaching and individual attention for every student to our cutting-edge facilities.
We offer excellent progression routes from college level courses through to a degree at our University Centre or employment in the career of your choice. Our Employability Hub offers a unique support service to help you make the right choices for your future.
In today’s competitive jobs market, we’ll help you to stand out from the crowd and we’ll work with you to develop the employability skills you will need for your chosen career.
Thanks to more than £60million of investment, we now have an amazing landmark extension, a state-of-the-art Learning Resource Centre, a new performance hall, industry-standard recording studios and increased social and learning space, and there’s more to come!
It’s also important that the quality of the Croydon College experience extends far beyond your studies. Our Enrichment Programme encourages you to extend your horizons by giving your time to local, national and global communities.
It’s great to get official recognition for what we achieve. For example, in 2014, we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Volunteering – the first college to receive the honour. Last year alone, over 1,500 students gave 24,000 hours of their time - lobbying, campaigning, fundraising, awareness-raising and even representing young people at the United Nations.
The various Government and official bodies that regulate education institutions think highly of us, too.
Government inspectorate Ofsted has rated the College good with outstanding features. You can view the report here.
Among the qualities inspectors flagged-up in their most recent report were:
- A comprehensive network of support staff provides excellent personal help to all students,
- Teaching, learning and assessment are good following rapid and extensive improvements since the previous inspection.
- The college provides an inclusive and welcoming environment for students.
- Teachers provide very good support for students, both during and outside lessons. Specialist and very knowledgeable learning and welfare support staff provide good advice and guidance on financial, emotional, health, housing and lifestyle matters.
- A high proportion of lessons are stimulating, lively and productive in improving students’ skills and knowledge. Students enjoy the work they do in lessons and value highly the support they receive from skilled and experienced teachers.
- Students enjoy, and take pride in, studying at the college and feel very safe.
- Croydon College is a good college which makes a substantial difference to the lives of students of all ages within its local community.
Our University Centre Croydon was deemed to have met all expectations in the judgements of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), the independent body entrusted with monitoring, and advising on standards and quality in UK higher education. You can view the report here.
Croydon College is also enthusiastic about good people management and to underline the fact, it has been awarded Silver for the Investors In People Award.