Hiring apprentices help businesses to grow their own talent by developing a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce. Apprenticeships are available to businesses of all sizes and sectors in England, and can last anything from 12 months to 4 years.
David Frost, Director General of the British Chamber of Commerce said:
“Because Apprenticeships are based in the workplace employers get the skills they really need. They are vital to the future success, not only of businesses across the country but also for a vibrant economy.”
Why do employers take on apprentices:
- 82% of employers take on apprentices to build the skills capacity within their businesses.
- 75% of apprentice employers say the programme has helped cut recruitment costs.
- 80% say that apprenticeships will play a bigger part in their future recruitment policy.
- 88% of apprentice employers believe they lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce, leading to greater loyalty and quality.
- 80% of employers feel that apprenticeships reduce staff turnover.
- 81% of consumers favour companies that employ Apprentices.
- 81% of apprentice employers say they make their businesses more productive. The average apprenticeship completer increases business productivity by £214 per week.
*Figures from Employer Guide to Apprenticeships. Sources: 2011 British Chambers of Commerce, Populus research commissioned by the National Apprenticeship Service and Productivity Matters and Centre for Economic and Business Research, 2013.
If you are an employer interested in taking on an apprentice please contact our Apprenticeship Hub:
Tel: 0800 652 0784
You are also welcome to drop into the College Apprenticeship Hub to the right of the main College entrance. It's open Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm.
These are some of the Employers already working with Croydon College Apprentices: