Hiring apprentices help businesses to grow their own talent by developing a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce. Apprenticeships are available to businesses of all sizes and sectors in England, and can last anything from 12 months to 4 years.
David Frost, Director General of the British Chamber of Commerce said:
“Because Apprenticeships are based in the workplace employers get the skills they really need. They are vital to the future success, not only of businesses across the country but also for a vibrant economy.”
Why do employers take on apprentices:
- 82% of employers take on apprentices to build the skills capacity within their businesses.
- 75% of apprentice employers say the programme has helped cut recruitment costs.
- 80% say that apprenticeships will play a bigger part in their future recruitment policy.
- 88% of apprentice employers believe they lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce, leading to greater loyalty and quality.
- 80% of employers feel that apprenticeships reduce staff turnover.
- 81% of consumers favour companies that employ Apprentices.
- 81% of apprentice employers say they make their businesses more productive. The average apprenticeship completer increases business productivity by £214 per week.
*Figures from Employer Guide to Apprenticeships. Sources: 2011 British Chambers of Commerce, Populus research commissioned by the National Apprenticeship Service and Productivity Matters and Centre for Economic and Business Research, 2013.
Apprenticeship Levy Breakfasts
Come and join us for a breakfast presentation at the college on February the 8th from 7.30am-9am or the 22nd from 8.00am-9.30am. We will update you on the levy and the changes to apprenticeships that are due to come into force this April.
To book your free ticket please visit Eventbrite:
February 8th: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/apprenticeships-levy-employer-breakfasts-tickets-31506436600
February 22nd: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/apprenticeships-levy-employer-breakfasts-tickets-31506815734
For more information, please contact Rodrigo Silva using the details below…
Tel: 020868 65700 Ext 3365
If you are an employer interested in taking on an apprentice please contact our Apprenticeship Hub:
Tel: 0800 652 0784
You are also welcome to drop into the College Apprenticeship Hub to the right of the main College entrance. It's open Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm.
These are some of the Employers already working with Croydon College Apprentices: