Introduction to Employment in the Hospitality Industry is a knowledge based course for those seeking work who wish to understand what the hospitality industry has to offer. This will enhance the skills needed across a wide range of job roles in restaurants, hotels and cafes.
Topics covered on the course will include:
- Introduction to the hospitality industry.
- Introduction to personal workplace skills.
- Health and Safety for the workplace.
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism.
- Food Safety in Catering.
Assessment method: Practical demonstration, assignments and multi-choice examinations.
City and Guilds Level 1 Award in Introduction to Employment in the Hospitality Industry.
- Referral from the job centre
- In receipt of Job Seeker's Allowance
- Candidates will have a literacy and numeracy assessment which will identify any support that may be required.
- Discussion on a one-to-one basis to ensure the candidate understands the course